Monday, August 26, 2013

Turn a Mirror Into a Chalkboard

I have two favorite things right now.
 
Chalkboards and old windows. 
 
...and words. I love having sweet messages around the house.
 
The other day I was switching things up a bit as I was cleaning and here's what I ended up with.
 
 
This was a mirror we rescued from the curb. It was a part of a vanity.  It had two smaller mirrors on the side. I removed those, primed the mirror with two coats of Kilz primer. Then, two or three coats of Valspar Chalkboard Paint. Perfect!

Right now the table part of the vanity is serving as the desk for our command center in the laundry room.
 
For great chalkboard art ideas you need to look through Rhonna Designs! So many great ideas!
I set an old window and the chalkboard in our bathroom window.   I have plans to work on this room and our bedroom sometime during the school year. I can't wait to get started but there are other areas of the house that need some TLC first.
 
I found this little chalkboard at Hobby Lobby a few months back. This sits on top of my refrigerator as a sweet reminder to find joy in the small things. It's so easy to get caught up in the to do lists and schedules. Sometimes I need to be reminded many times throughout the day.
 
Hope you all have a great start to your week!
 
linking up at


 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jessica,

    Hello! My name is Katy and I'm the social media coordinator for KILZ brand products. Great job on your chalkboard project! We are happy to hear that our product worked amazing and we would LOVE for you to share your experience by writing a review. Visit our review page, select a product, choose a ratings, write a brief description and hit submit - it's that simple. Here is the link to our review page: http://www.kilz.com/primer/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=8ad359ff4f72d310VgnVCM100000176310acRCRD
    We'd appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to do that, Katy! Thanks for leaving the comment!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!