Tuesday, September 3, 2013

How I Organize Cardstock

I am working on converting our guest room into a craft room. While the room isn't ready to show yet, I thought I'd share how I organize all my cardstock.
 
I have a thing for pretty paper. Keeping it organized helps me know and use what I have. I first saw on Carly's blog Simple Things way back when.  I have been using this method ever since and love it. 
I picked up a couple of packs of these plastic envelope organizers with the wrap around string fasteners...I'm sure that's their official name... and used a big ol' pack of page protectors back from my teaching days.

The first thing I do when I get a new pack of paper is tear out each page. I keep the front cover to stick in the front of the envelope so I can easily see what is included. When I need a sheet I can just flip through without taking all of the paper out. Each envelope has a page protector in the back. That's where I keep all the scraps that come from that paper collection. You never know when you might be able to use something!
I keep all my envelopes in an old wash basin that was my Grandma's and it sits right under my table for easy access.
Now for those little packs of papers that are so great for small projects...
I keep those in a page protector with their scraps. They have their own smaller basket on a shelf. 
 
Gotta love you some perfectly organized pretty paper!
 
linking up at

 

2 comments:

  1. That's such a good idea! Love it... those little scraps always get in the way... That's just so smart... LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! It's about my only system I have never changed!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!