Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Washi Tape Lampshade

The other day I decided to change things up in the living room.  I started with the lamps. That really spurred thing on and I ended up rearranging everything...and even repurposing a piece of furniture.
 
More on that in another post.
 
Today I wanted to share with you how I gave my lamps a new look using washi tape. Don't you just love this stuff? 

I started out by pulling off the trim on the lampshades. They came right off without any trouble. Then I carefully taped the top and bottom edges of each lampshade.
 
*TIP*
By pulling the tape tight and working in small sections I was able to keep from getting bubbles.
 
I'm excited at how easy it is to give the shades a whole different feel so easily!
 
Thanks for stopping by! Hope your day is fabulous!
 
linking up at:
 


4 comments:

  1. This is great! Love how it gave just the right touch... looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it will be so fun to change the tape with the seasons!

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I'm pinning this to Pinterest now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you stopped by! One tip: the end of the tape started to roll back a bit. I just used a tiny drop of hot glue to hold the end down. Problem solved!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!