Monday, October 21, 2013

An Organized Home is a Happy Home

On Friday I shared my plan to get myself and my home in order. If you missed it, be sure to read it. Especially if you love a new way to make a list. And while you're there, order the book. I'm so excited for mine to come in the mail I can hardly stand it!
Look! My favorite in the world pens have new colors! These and a new notebook came home with me today. Don't you love office supplies!
 
Every morning (or even the night before) I write a to-do list for that day. I write down everything. What I have to do before dropping the kids off, what I plan to clean that day, washing a load of clothes, errands, prepping dinner and what we will have, blog/business tasks for the day. It's not crazy long but helps me stay on task.
This weekend my football-loving husband was out of town...at a football game...so I took the opportunity to go crazy organizing and purging. Do you do that too? A couple of late nights and I'm feeling better already. Last week I was overwhelmed at what I wasn't keeping up with.
 
I started in the playroom and went through everything. I threw away so much junk that was just taking up space. Markers that don't work. Every crayon they have ever had, old pieces of paper and toys they don't play with. ***Do this when your kids are asleep-and be sure to take out the trash so they don't have a meltdown about you throwing away their favorite (fill in the blank)*** 

I brought in a bookshelf from another space and gave it a quick and easy makeover. Here's a sneak peek.  I have a couple of smaller projects for organizing the shelves so I'll give you the full reveal when that is done.
 

I also took care of the pantry yesterday. We found ants Saturday night so I moved the pantry up on the list.
 
That's all I have for today! I am knocking the A's off my list left and right!  Oh, this guy wanted to say hi and let you know how happy his mama is now that things are getting organized around here.

An organized home is a happy home!
 
Be sure to check out the post that explains how and why I'm tackling the whole house!
 
 
linking up at
 

2 comments:

  1. Totally the same routine here - I love me a to do list And those sharpie no bleed pens - awesomeness with a lid!! xo

    Psst - I opened a brand new shop and would sure love help spreading the word!! Exciting - http://www.northerncottage.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so excited for you! Your shop is so cute! I'm going to be ordering a few items for Christmas gifts!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!