Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Homemade Crutons

Every week we stop by the grocery store and pick up a loaf of french bread to make sandwiches for lunch. This weekend we ended up with two partial loaves of bread so we made croutons.
 
Pretend that these are baked  to a beautiful golden color. I forgot to grab the camera when they came out of the oven. We started snitching and they were so good. We were so excited to eat and they disappeared so fast.
 The bread equaled about half of a loaf.
In a small sauce pan, melt 1 stick of butter. Add about a tsp of basil. (I didn't have fresh, so I used dry) and three cloves of minced garlic. Mix.
While butter is melting, cut the bread into cubes and put in a bowl.
Pour butter mixture over bread and mix.
Spread on a foil-lined pan and bake at 275 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once or twice during baking time.

Again...the unbaked croutons.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

linking up at:
tips and tricks
 

2 comments:

  1. Yumm-o! We usually eat more crutons by themselves than on salads... LOL! Do y'all do that, too?! It's an awful addiction I have... crutons.. YUM! I'll have to try your recipe. Your recipes are always yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Especially these. They definitely don't last long at all!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!