Tuesday, October 22, 2013

How to Turn a Dresser into Media Station in 10 Minutes

We have our TV hung above our fireplace and we love it. It makes it easy to have one focal main focal point. HOWEVER....I have never known what to do with the stuff. The DVD player, the satellite box, movies, etc. There are two windows around our fireplace so we ran all the wires to another wall.

In about 10 minutes, I turned this dresser into a media station.  By removing the bottom drawer I could store the DVD player, the satellite box and our movie cases. (Every movie we own is in one of those cases. Music is in the other. I throw all the original cases.) I didn't bother painting the inside of the space because you can't see very much of it but you could paint it if you wanted to.

In the back of the open space, I drilled a hole for all the cords to go through.
That's it.

Done.

Now just hook all your electronics back up. You can see the cords in this picture because I was sitting on the floor to take the shot. I promise you that you can not see them when you are in the living room.

In the drawers I stored toys and small games. The favorite drawer is the spy drawer. It has walkie talkies, flashlights, hats and masks, glasses, mustaches, watches...basically anything to make a disguise. The top drawer holds small games, remotes and coasters.

10 minutes and my problem is solved!

You can read about my super fast lamp makeover here.

linking up at
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!