Friday, October 18, 2013

Organized Home

 
Happy Friday! I am so glad the weekend is here. We have a few fun activities planned, but I'm pumped because I am super motivated to get this house into order. 
 
I have typically been an organized person in the past but something has changed. I think it is a combination of the kids getting older, going to school, doing their own thing (creating mess) and a difference of personal strengths between my husband and myself. (That's a nice way to say it, isn't it?)
 
Enough.
 
I finally decided/realized that dwelling on the things I need to do and what isn't going the way I'd like it to is only causing me more stress.
 
Being positive and productive is the key.
 
Here's what I'm doing about it. 
 
I ordered the book  Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time. I can't wait for it to get here in the next few days!
 
I made a list of everything that I need/want to do in EVERY ROOM. Even outside. I have a habit of dwelling on what I haven't done yet. I tend to only see the big picture and that can be very overwhelming. By making a list and including everything, I can break it down and monitor my progress. I added things like cleaning baseboards, going through the coloring books in the playroom, either painting the kitchen table or buying a new one (we need a bigger table, but it may wait a while). EVERYTHING.
 
The book came highly recommended by Ruth from Living Well Spending Less. She shared how to rank your tasks as explained in Eat That Frog.
 
A= Must Be Done  B= Should Be Done 
C= Could Be Done  D= Doesn't Need to be Done Right Now 
 
 
After printing my list, I went in and assigned a ranking to every item on my list.
 
Now my daily to-do list (that I write each morning) will include A's from my main list. After I complete those items, I'll move on to the B's and so on.
 
This is where I am now. I'll share my progress  next week. I think the public accountability will help keep me motivated!  Want to join along? Be sure to follow by using the links at the top right of the blog. Facebook (Prairie Girl to Southern Belle) and Instagram (@prairiegirltosouthernbelle) are great ways to do so! But remember to like, share, or comment on FB so the posts continue to show up in your feed)
 
So who is with me? Let's get organized and start knocking those items off our lists!
 
 
 linking up to
miscellaney monday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!