Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Map Covered Bookshelves

I have been going through my entire house and whipping it into shape! It feels do good to be getting organized and getting rid of the things we don't truly need!

 If you want to play along, every day on my Facebook page I'm posting an easy challenge. By Thanksgiving we will have a house that's less cluttered, more organized and we will have made some great family memories as well. 
 
The playroom needed help.  I stayed up late one night and went through everything. The crayons, markers, craft supplies....everything. I even took about 30 minutes to recover the backs of the bookshelves. 
 

I didn't want it to be permanent so all I did was cut sections of maps (these happened to be maps of WI and Saskatchewan) and used double sided tape to secure them to the backs of the shelves.
I love the colors in maps!
 
Then, I just organized! My favorite part!
 
I am loving how this space is coming together! More to come!
 
linking up at
Tips and Tricks
 

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! My boys room is done in a vintage plane theme and I'm thinking of mod podging a map to the top of their dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! I love the idea of using maps to back your bookshelf- it looks great! Thanks for sharing this awesome project at the Get Your DIY On Challenge: Furniture Transformations. We hope you can make it back this evening at 7pm EST to share a holiday sign project - or just come by to get some holiday inspiration!
    ~Krista from the happy housie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!