Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Week

Thanksgiving week is here and it is a busy one! Maybe you're like me. I'm working hard to deck our halls and make our home a warm place to make new holiday memories.  If you have been following on my Facebook page, I have been posting little challenges to freshen up your home. My house is never perfect so I'm not posting those with the intent to make you think I have it all together.  They are intended to simply bring attention to some tasks in my home that are often forgotten. To keep our minds focused on what this season is all about, some of the challenges have been family focused. The housekeeping tasks don't seem so daunting if we remember all we are thankful for and take it one task at a time.

If you are hosting Thanksgiving I have to share this with you. Did you know Pioneer Woman has an old post that lays out her Thanksgiving prep schedule for the whole week? Here it is. This is basically what I do to help make all the cooking a little easier.
 
This Friday is also the official kick off to the holiday shopping season. Stay in your pj's with a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a good movie while you shop! Somewhat SimpleI Heart Naptime, and Craftaholics Anonymous are hosting the Black Friday Online Holiday Boutique! Just head to one of their sites on Friday (starting at Midnight) and shop with some awesome online and Etsy shops! I will have a code for a discount there! 
 
I'm stocking my shop this week with some fun items to make your packages pretty and great gift items! I will post some preview pictures later on this week.
 
I'm off to prep some meals for the week....I always forget how busy this week is and how much I don't feel like cooking dinner at the end of the day. Not this year! It's crockpot week in our house.....well, through Wednesday anyway. I'll share the recepes with you next week so you can use them to make these busy holiday season weeks a little easier!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!