Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Cleaning Schedule that Works

Raise your hand if you can get behind on cleaning and keeping the house tide. Do you see my hand? It's the one waving really high.

In order to keep up...and not feel like I have a mountain of work I front of me, I came up with this schedule. 

It works for me because it covers a little of every room each day. What it doesn't cover is the deep cleaning stuff. It IS great for keeping up and having a presentable house. And if I don't get to something, no biggie! I'll get it next week. 

MONDAY

Cleaning: Appliances-wipe them down

Laundry: 1-2 loads, washed, folded, and put away

Floors: Vacuum or sweep, mop (I mop when the kids are in bed at night)

Zone: 15 minutes (pick an area of the house that needs extra attention...a drawer, a closet, deep cleaning tasks...)

TUESDAY

Cleaning: Surfaces (clean all flat surfaces, moving all items and cleaning as you go; counters, mirrors, tables, etc)

Laundry: Beds

Floors: Vacuum or sweep

Zone: 15 minutes

WEDNESDAY

Cleaning: Bathrooms 

Laundry: 1-2 loads folded and put away
 
Floors: Vacuum or sweep

Zone: 15 minutes

THURSDAY

Cleaning: Bedrooms 

Laundry: 1 load of clothes, rugs if needed

Floors: Vacuum or sweep 

Zone: 15 minutes

FRIDAY

Cleaning: Living Areas 

Laundry: 1-2 loads folded and put away

Floors: Vacuum and mop

SATURDAY

Floors: Sweep

SUNDAY 

Rest and relax!




sharing at:
 
 








2 comments:

  1. Great schedule! I'm going to try it.... It looks like it would work, without making tasks overwhelming. I get in the "Can't see the forest for the trees" kind of mode, a lot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Without breaking things up, I never feel done. I only see the whole list and most of it would be incomplete.

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!