Tuesday, March 11, 2014

How I Clean My Shower

Tomorrow is bathroom cleaning day for me. (Here is my cleaning schedule)  It is the day that I like the least. Who likes to clean bathrooms? Yuck.   I thought I'd share how I make it go as quickly as possible, including my homemade shower cleaner.

Homemade Shower Cleaner
Fill a spray bottle (leaving some room) with vinegar. Heat it in the microwave for 1 minute.
Add 2-3 Tbsp regular old dish soap. I just keep a bottle of the Target brand on hand for this purpose.  It doesn't have to be exact, I just squirt it right in the bottle. 
Mix by tipping upside down and back again a few times, until it looks mixed up.


When you're ready to get to it and knock out those bathrooms, start by spraying down the showers and tubs. The soap in the vinegar helps the vinegar to stay on the surface longer. And the fact that it it warm helps it eat up all the soap scum and hard water marks.   Step away to take some fresh breaths if you need. Warm vinegar has a strong smell!  I spray all the showers and tubs in my house so they can soak. 

While the vinegar works it's magic, I clean the toilets.  Worst. Job. Ever.  Keeping toilet cleaning supplies in each bathroom makes it much easier. No one likes to drag around toilet cleaning supplies. GROSS! So splurge and get a set for every bathroom. 

Since I cleaned the surfaces in my house yesterday (Tuesday's cleaning task), the counters and mirrors are done, so I simply wipe out the sink.  

Showers and tubs are ready now. I think using a Magic Eraser is fantastic. I just get the one that has extra scrubbing power. No need for the shower kind, but if you like it, go ahead. Or you could even just use a wet rag. Wipe them all down and give it a rinse if I feel like it. 

That's it! 

Worst job of the week. Finished. 

On to better things!






sharing at 

11 comments:

  1. Great suggestion, will have to give this one a try! Still looking for something better for toilets ... (Seen on Tips and Tricks Linky Party.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Katie!

      Yes...toilets. I'm just ok using toilet cleaner with bleach for now. :)

      Delete
  2. I just read this aloud to my husband. He's the shower cleaner around here. :-))) (I know, don't hate me. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Gasp* You must tell me your secret! I'm clearly not training mine the right way! Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. We use so much vinegar in our house. It is great for everything! Thanks for linking up to Tips and Tricks. Kathleen @ Fearlessly Creative Mammas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought to use a Magic Eraser before! Smart girl! Thanks for the reminder about the dish soap/vinegar solution. It really does work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  5. This looks great! Im almost out of cleaner and must try the warm vinegar/dish soap next! Have you ever tried a dryer sheet in the shower? It's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't. Dies that just keep stuff from building up?

      Delete
  6. Great idea- I will be trying this!
    Thxs for posting!

    Kelly
    http://kellyannstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!