Thursday, April 24, 2014

Behold

Earlier this week I wrote about God moving in our family. I feel like I should start sharing about this because maybe there is someone who is going through something similar.  

We get to spend time in D.C. this year. It is just a temporary thing and we will be coming back home when it is all done. 

For a while now I have been craving a simpler life and stronger relationships within our family.  That feeling has been so strong lately.  Like we are supposed to really scale back and live with less so we can find each other again. Can you imagine a better opportunity to do that?  

There are things we don't know yet... 

where we will live,
what we have to/want to bring with,
exactly how long we will be there....


But I am at such peace with this move. I KNOW it's a God thing. I'm a list maker. A planner. I like to know exactly what will happen and when so I can prepare. This situation would normally stress me out and cause panic.

Not this time. 

I came across Isaiah 43:19 this week and it is so perfect for where we are right now.
photo from Instagram: prairiegirltosouthernbelle

But now, this is what the Lord says-- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior"
Isaiah 43:1-3

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great opportunity for your family! And you'll only be a short drive from us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to hit some fun shops up there!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! So fun! Praying fervently for you....

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!