Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Choices


We are making better food choices around here.  Well, actually that means I'm making better choices for my family.  I am the one who shops for food and cooks so I feel it is my responsibility to cook food that is beneficial to my family.

And me.

This week I started making green smoothies in the morning...again.  My iron levels are usually low, so drinking smoothies with spinach every day helps my energy levels and I tend to eat better throughout the day!



Today's smoothie is made with strawberries, mango chunks, spinach and water. Using frozen fruit in my smoothies makes them yummy and not so watery. If I'm thinking ahead, I prep my smoothie before I go to bed. Put frozen fruit and spinach in the jar with a lid and place it in the fridge. In the morning they will be thawed just enough to blend easily.  Today I just zapped the strawberries in the microwave for 30 seconds, added the rest of my ingredients, and used my immersion blender to whip up my drink.

After a long night of watching storms and tornadoes, I need all the energy today that I can get!

3 comments:

  1. Smoothie looks/sounds delish! We were praying for y'all yesterday.... So thankful that you guys made it out safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! We are in a good spot (or so I hear). We are pretty close to the mountain and when anything comes over, it tends to weaken or go over us. Praying it always happens! Thanks for your prayers!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! All of those bright colours must be full of vitamins!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!