Monday, June 23, 2014

Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins

Hello there!  I am so excited about the new look my blog has!  My sweet friend Heather from Stringtown Home Designs did an amazing job. I couldn't love it more! Be sure you visit her blog, Stringtown Home, for some good old fashioned sweetness!
Thanks so much, Heather!

This morning I made these cinnamon blueberry muffins.  The cinnamon isn't too strong and gives the muffins a little extra goodness.  Here's the recipe for you to try!


Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 heaping cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)

Melt butter in a small pan over medium low heat. Add milk and vanilla, stirring well. Let cool. Whisk in eggs. In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Add milk mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in berries. Spoon batter into muffin tin lined with paper muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 

This is a great base batter that you could change up. Maybe chocolate chips? Other fruit? Maybe just plain with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top. Yum.  


4 comments:

  1. Jessica, your new design is so fresh and clean. Great job! I have been thinking it is time for a revamping of mine as well, but am not sure what I want, thus I'm still waiting. Also, I must try this muffin recipe. We aren't doing much bread these days, but I'm thinking it's time for an exception. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! All I did was show Heather a few blogs I liked the look of. She did the rest! I hear ya in the bread thing. It's just so yummy though!

      Delete
  2. This sounds so yummy! Can't wait to try it! && Thanks so much for the shout out, my friend. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I really couldn't be happier!!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!