Friday, July 25, 2014

DIY Bottles for DIY Cleaners

Hey there! Things have been busy here at home...we are back in Alabama for now...cleaning up around the house, prepping for our first homeschool year, and taking care of our accidental pumpkin patch.
In this picture, the kids decided to set up a sale. Kayla was selling her bracelets and charms (she is crazy about Rainbow Loom right now!) and Noah picked some cars to sell.  It was a hot Wednesday morning and only one person stopped. Bless his heart! He picked out a couple of items from each kid and paid them $5. That totally made their day! Guy-who-stopped-by, I thank you so much!


The weather has been great! Fall-like temps ever couple of weeks are so refreshing! The cool morning air and the fact that we are already harvesting pie pumpkins have me thinking about sprucing up the place for fall. I will hold back. After all, it isn't even August yet!

One little project I finished was my cleaning bottles. I found these spray bottles. They come in a pack of 6 for less than $12. Perfect!  I planned on printing labels for them but for now they are just decorated with some cute washi tape. So fast and easy. I just wrote the labels with a black Sharpie and filled them up!

Countertop Spray: This is my Mrs. Meyer's all purpose cleaner. Currently my fav is Radish
Shower Cleaner: when it's time to clean the shower, fill with vinegar (leaving room at the top for soap) and heat in the microwave for 45 sec to 1 min. Add 2-3 tbsp Dawn dish soap (or an off brand) and mix gently by tipping back and forth. Spray and let sit on surfaces for 20 min or so. 
Tile Floor Cleaner: I'm still working on the perfect mixture....I'll share when I am totally happy with the results.
Glass and Mirror: Water....that's it! I just spray a little bit of water and use microfiber cloths to clean my windows and mirrors. I haven't found anything better!
I still have two bottles to fill. I am doing some experimenting with a couple of cleaning recipes.
Do you have any favorites?

The kids have enjoyed being home with a yard to play in and all their neighborhood friends (have I mentioned we live in the friendliest neighborhood?) In this picture, the kids decided to set up a sale while I was painting the play/school room. Don't worry, I checked on them regularly and could see them the whole time. Kayla was selling her bracelets and charms (she is crazy about Rainbow Loom right now!) and Noah picked some cars to sell. The signs they make are the cutest ever!
  It was a hot Wednesday morning and only one person stopped. Bless his heart! He picked out a couple of items from each kid and paid them $5. That totally made their day!
Dear Guy-who-stopped-by, I thank you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!