Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mom's French Dips

With summer in full swing there are many days that I don't want to spend much time prepping dinner. Pulling out the crockpot in the morning is so easy!  

I grew up with this recipe for French Dips. So yummy. The best part is the bread in the au jus. 


Mom's French Dips
3-4 lb chuck roast cut into 3 or 4 pieces
1 beef bouillon 
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 bay leaf
3-5 peppercorns
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1tsp garlic powder

Remove fat and place meat in crockpot. Fill with ingredients. Add water to almost cover meat and cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred beef and add back into crockpot with about 1/2 hour left to cook.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! These look yummy! I'm going to have to try the recipe. I'm with you - crockpots are a life saver on days you don't wanna cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick is remembering to use it!

      Delete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!