We kicked off our week with our first annual Elf Day. The idea came from a super fun Instagrammer I follow: katherinemaries Go follow her! You'll be inspired to do so many fun things with your kiddos! Here's what we did...
I wrote this up the night before and had it waiting on the breakfast table. The kids were so excited when they got up and read it!
1. Issue elf ID's
I had two laminated Post-It Notes that I punched and strung on twine. The kids picked their elf names and I wrote them on their badge.
2. Play Pass the Present and Elf Relay
Pass the Present: Grab a gift-like box and some music. Turn the music on and have them pass the present like you're playing hot potato. Stop the music. Whoever is holding the present is out.
Elf Relay: Be set up a cup at one end of room and a plate with 4 marshmallows at the other end of the room. Using their elves, the kids pick up a marshmallow and run it across the room to their cup. First one with all 4 marshmallows in their cup wins.
3. Hot Chocolate Break
4. Blindfolded gift wrapping: We didn't actually make this a contest. It was the best activity of the day. Hilarious!
5. North Pole Picnic Lunch: Fun lunch on the floor next to the Christmas tree.
6. Paint your elf: Paint a picture of your elf.
7. Elf Pancakes for Dinner: I searched Pinterest for Elf pancakes and found this great pic to follow!
8. PJ's and a Christmas movie: Always a favorite activity!
We had so much fun with this day and it really didn't take long to set up! I'm convinced we need more fun days like this in the future!