Friday, May 1, 2015

This Week

 Our school group, Classical Conversations, is on summer vacation. That means we are on a more relaxed schedule.  We have been learning, but with a few more fun activities.  

Friday: At our house we are on a 4 day school schedule and we have Fun Friday.  Noah and a friend did the Mentos and Diet Coke experiment.  I LOVE this photo of him.  When you see the full image, he is jumping in the air and his face shows so much excitement!  Want to do this? The trick is taping the Mentos together on two sides like this.
The girls wanted to bake so we made chocolate chip cookie dough. I had several add-in ingredients available for them. They divided their dough and tried different combinations.  And...because it was fun Friday....they mixed them in with their hands.  Messy is fun!

Monday: We had the chance to get together with our CC group for a day of playing and visiting. So fun to have the chance to hang out with the families. We really have some great friends!

Thursday:  Kayla and Noah made a restaurant and set up a table to eat lunch at.  One of the things I love about our kids is that they use their imaginations. I love that homeschooling is allowing them lots of time to just play and be kids. 

Checking on every day: We grew crystals!  They are amazing!  Tutorial coming soon!

Hope your week was great!



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! It all looks like so much fun! You're such a good mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece is using Classical Conversations with her kids. They love it! And the younger ages are so perfect for learning by rote. It's fun to hear them recite long passages! I don't know why more people don't take advantage of that stage of kids' lives, when it's the easiest for them to memorize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the relaxed schedule when CC is out -- I do love our CC time, too - but relaxing is nice as well!

    Thanks for linking with Collage Friday!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!