Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snow Days and a Birthday

This weekend we celebrated Baby Joe's first birthday. To say he has been a blessing to our family would be an understatement. God has used this little baby to teach us so much about love and patience.  And we are so thankful.  Over on Instagram last week I shared a little about all the feelings I have as he turns one.  It's a mixture of joy and sadness. Being a mom is the best thing I have ever done and I wouldn't give it up for anything. BUT...it's also the hardest. Yes, there are the hard days, but there are also the quiet hurts that you go through. The sad feelings that don't always make sense as you are celebrating.  Watching your kids grow up can be hard because that involves letting go.  As they grow and learn to be who God made them to be, they need you to let go and give them some freedom. And sometimes that's hard to do. 

We also got to play in the snow! We had a little in Alabama but there was more in Tennessee!
We all had a blast with my parents and my brother and sister in law.  Mike definitely gets the 'coolest uncle ever' award for pulling the kids around on their sleds all morning.

 Here are some pictures from our action packed weekend. 









Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take the time to leave me a quick note!